Monday, June 1, 2009

calling aboritionists murderers doesn't lead to murders

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-feldman/the-politics-of-murder_b_209961.html

Interesting article, but wrong. The writer accuses the right-wing tactic of labeling abortionists as "murderers" as leading to violent acts...completely forgetting a year ago, when calling George W. Bush a murderer was the cool thing to do, if you were slightly left-inclined. There's even a book on it! "Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder" or something. I own it. It was good, and correct, and futile. I'd link you, but I'm hungry for tacooossss. Wait, before I go, my point is this: the weird protesters who fuck with abortion clinics are more violent than the Cindy Sheehans of the world, and it's true no one on the left shot anyone on the right (at least, nothing that made it public) over it, but you can't say that calling someone a murderer leads to murder. Believing you're an agent of God, however, will do it up quick, I tell ya.

No comments: