Wednesday, May 20, 2009

two rejections

I'm going cross-eyed going over and over this novel. Trying to have a good draft done by the end of June. Took a temporary break from it to work on about five different short stories. Sent one off last night to several places, namely, Word Riot, Juked, Opium, Abjective, etc. Been rejected from Word Riot and Abjective, so far. Quickly. It's a short story. Rejections. I have to get back into the swing of this thing. I got rejected a lot, I used to. Then I got two hits: the Verbicide and the Bare Bone. Didn't do much writing since then. School and life and whatnot. Got really back into it about a month ago, after a couple years picking at the novel I dove in headfirst, and the stories just came with it. But they are rusted and shitty. Will keep going. Will keep submitting.

No comments: