Rios took me out. She bought me nachos with two helpings of cheese instead of cheese and chili. We got jalapenos in a cup. I saw a huge poster for the new Indiana Jones and "There Will Be Blood", which I want to see. High school kids hung on there girlfriends and screamed and made asses of themselves. I don't understand why you can't punch a kid under 18. What is the thought behind this? If anyone deserves it, it's the puke that turns to people in the movies and talks to them not because he's sociable, but because for some unfathomable reason he thinks it's funny and that it will be impressive to the girl he's with. Before the movie even started he became too much for the girl and she left. He followed.
Bit of a digression, there. Sorry.
Three drunk sorority girls sat behind us. They were annoying and loud, but I held Rios's hand and kept my temper. The movie started and here are my critiques:
1) Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is an awesome name for a movie.
2) Jesus fuck the music is boring. Every time these people started singing it was like waiting for the bus.
3) Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are fantastic actors. Not so much singers.
4) The gore is fucking fantastic, but I think the best throat gore still goes to "No Country For Old Men." Somehow that one burst carotid artery at the beginning owns all the kills in "Sweeney Todd."
5) My biggest problem with the film is ghostly. Hard to explain, or to even understand myself.
Imagine a crazy old man who promises to show you something interesting and then shows you pictures of the interesting thing to get you interested then he tells you how the story ends and that's it. You're done. That's kind of how Tim Burton seems to be making movies. I think I mentioned it with Corpse Bride, but it's unique to both of these films: Feels like there's something missing. I don't know what. But they feel hollow to the point of echo and it makes my skull throb.
I believe I may hate this film. Which is a shame. It's well acted and beautiful looking but it just feels like there is nothing there. NOTHING. OH MY GOD I THINK IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM.
It honestly hurts my brain. Goodnight.