Wednesday, February 4, 2009

shaving

I've decided to forgo shaving until I'm done with a novel. I will grow a beard until I have something completed. Already it is scraggly. Bugging me. I don't know how other people's facial hair grows, but mine is very similar to pubic hair. Curly and bunchy. I use a lime green comb to tame it.

I read very slowly, in fact I gave up reading this year, in the interest of using that time to write more. But, for some strange reason, I've nearly finished two books in two days. Here they are:

Zen Wrapped in Karma Dipped in Chocolate by Brad Warner. I actually got excited, in Macroeconomics today, when I remembered that this had come out a few days ago. Knocked out over half of it after dinner.

Jake's Wake by John Skipp and Cody Goodfellow. Crazy televangelist comes back from the dead and starts crucifying and punching holes through people. I tear through shit like this quick, even if I don't like it. This one I do like, a lot. Never read any John Skipp (which seems like a wrong that should be made right), but I think I might be in love with Cody Goodfellow. His Radiant Dawn and Ravenous Dusk novels were amazing, and now this. He's also got a series of blog posts about writing over here: http://www.storytellersunplugged.com/author/cody-goodfellow that I like better than Brian Keene's World Domination 101 posts from a while back, which you should know were also really, really good.

No comments: