Monday, December 13, 2010

5 best albums this year

1) Sleigh Bells - Treats. Probably the most unique, loud, obnoxious sound I have ever heard. I love this album so much, the only thing guaranteed to make me dance, regardless of mood or limbic fortitude.



2) Das Racist - Shut Up Dude/Sit Down Man mixtapes

These are for free online. If you heard them from that Taco Bell song, man you really don't know how hard these dudes bring it. The best beats, the funniest/cleverest/dumbest lines of the year.



3) Robyn - Body Talk

My new muse and inspiration. This woman has charisma and strength out the ass. And the songs, this one I listened to over and over and over.



4) Major Lazer and La Roux - Lazerproof

This one's another freebee mixtape that I just wore out this year. You've got a little dub, a little Carribean, dance hall kind of stuff. It goes so hard and yet I'm 90% sure you can make a baby to it.



5) Big Boi - Sir Luscious Leftfoot

Albums like this make me wonder if I'm not too forgiving with the hip hop I normally listen to. When someone brings it this hard it makes you shake your head at the rest of the hip hop in your collection, at least for a little bit.

No comments: